Updates regarding the 2020 - 2021 school year
As SPP Providers make plans for the school year, health and safety are top of mind. The lists below represent the offerings available at each SPP location. This list is subject to change at any time. We will attempt to keep it updated but encourage you to contact the site directly for schedule information.
100% In Person
- ARC - Bitter Lake Community Center
- Northwest Center Kids – Greenwood
- United Indians of All Tribes - Daybreak Star
- ARC – Meadowbrook Community Center
- Denise Louie - Magnuson Park
- Causeys – Main
- Denise Louie - International District
- Launch – Madrona K8 School
- Launch - Miller Community Center Annex
- Northwest Center Kids - Chinook
- Launch - Delridge Community Center
- Launch - Highland Park Elementary School
- PSESD - Educare
- SCCS – Refugee and Immigrant Family Center (RIFC)
- Children’s Home Society - Genesee Early Learning Center
- Denise Louie - Beacon Hill
- El Centro - Jose Marti CDC
- Launch - Beacon Hill International Elementary School
- Launch - John Muir Elementary School
- Primm ABC Child Care
- Seed of Life - Main
- Seed of Life – MLK Jr Elementary School
- Wellspring Early Learning Center
- Creative Kids - Carkeek
- Creative Kids – Viewlands Elementary School
- Experimental Education Unit at UW
- REWA - Lake City
- SCCS - Pinehurst at Hazel Wolf K-8 School
- SCCS - Pinehurst at Northgate Community Center
- CISC – Yesler Community Center
- Hearing, Speech and Deafness Center
Family Child Care Providers
Family Child Care providers offer in-home, small group child care. Please visit these two pages (Childcare Resources and Tiny Tots Early Learning Collaborative) to learn more about these providers that offer the Seattle Preschool Program.
We're still enrolling for the 2020 - 2021 school year!
Our Seattle Preschool Program providers are currently making plans for their service offerings this school year. As we learn providers’ plans, we will list them on the sites’ pages on
our parent portal. In the meantime, please connect directly with specific preschool providers to confirm if their offerings may meet your needs.
Applying right now will add your child to the waitlist for any site you have selected. Vacancies are filled on a rolling basis between May 22, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
Submitting an application; does not guarantee that your child will be selected for the program. Placement is not on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review the FAQs on selection for more information.
Translated applications available for download here.
Updates regarding the 2019-2020 school year
During this time of caution and health concerns, many preschool providers are not serving students. The Department of Education and Early Learning is working to support families during this time especially working parents. Please monitor the City’s response page for available supports for you and your family.
The Seattle Preschool Program will no longer be enrolling students for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Some providers may have availability, so please contact providers directly to inquire about options.
NEWS: Seattle's preschool program gets silver medal in nationwide Pre-k program review
The Seattle program has the highest quality among Pre-K programs in 40 large U.S. cities, according to a new report from the National Institute for Early Education Research at Rutgers University in partnership with nonprofit policy advocacy group CityHealth.
Seattle’s preschool program merits high marks for teacher quality and training, student-teacher ratios and class sizes, and ongoing efforts toward quality improvement… - The Seattle Times
Looking for a Preschool?
Explore the map below by clicking on individual providers (red dots.) Dots with an E offer extended hours while dots with a D offer dual language programming.